There are many ways a company could benefit from a corporate reorganization.
We can effectively:
- Perform an estate freeze and bring in new shareholders such as a spouse, children, or key employees
- Create holding companies to protect the company’s assets
- Distribute corporate assets among its shareholders
- Amalgamate corporate entities
- Prepare an estimate of value for your corporation
- Streamline a group of corporations
Purchase or Sale of a Business
When selling or purchasing a business, a thorough tax plan is essential as it can significantly increase the after-tax proceeds to the shareholder.
To assist in the sale or purchase of your business we will:
- Identify the after-tax proceeds under various structures and planning (e.g.) sale of shares vs. assets
- Determine structure, planning, payback periods and other analysis for the acquisition of a business
- Assist in the completion of due diligence requirements
- Assist and/or complete the negotiations of the terms of agreement(s) for the purchase and sale of a business
- Work closely with your lawyer and accountant to ensure a smooth process
- Prepare suggested filing requirements and file any election forms required to assist legal counsel and accountant
Transferring Proprietorship Assets into a Corporation
Are you in a situation where you like to transfer personally held assets into a corporation? We can determine an appropriate plan to minimize and/or defer any unnecessary income inclusions that would otherwise arise on a transfer, including GST/PST issues.
Many businesses will face a situation where a shareholder wants “out”. We will determine the necessary steps to effectively buy out the shareholder(s) and we work alongside your legal counsel to ensure a timely and effective buy-out strategy.